“If you are suffering from running related pain or just want to improve your running times and technique, our detailed assessment and treatment plans and packages will help you to take your training to the next level”
Our aim at Somerton Physiotherapy is to help our clients improve their performance and achieve their rehabilitation goals. Our Running Performance Lab service provides a platform for recovering athletes to regain their full potential. It also affords healthy athletes the opportunity to improve running performance variables which can contribute to the prevention of future injury and improve overall running performance.
We review your running technique from multiple angles in our state of the art facility. We then analyse your run using world leading movement capturing software (Dartfish) in order to construct a plan tailored to your running needs.
We specialise in Long distance and Juvenile runners looking to improve their running technique and speed. However, we treat runners of all backgrounds, whether you are a beginner, recreational runner or an elite athlete. If you are suffering from running related pain or just want to improve your running times, our detailed assessment and treatment plans and packages will help you to take your training to the next level.
Running Performance Packages
1. Running Assessment / Gait Analysis
2. Run For Fun Package
3. Run Long and Strong Package
4. Runners Performance Package
5. Juvenile Running Package
What does a Running Assessment at Somerton Physio entail:
Running Assessment / Gait Analysis
- Initial Consultation
- You will meet with one of our Chartered Physiotherapists who will discuss your injury history with you, your training background and future goals.
- Movement & Functional Testing
At our Dublin Sports Clinic your Physiotherapist will get you to perform a series of movements and strength tests. This will measure your range of movements, lower limb stability and any strength deficits which may be affecting your running Kinematics.
- Running Technique Assessment
- Our experienced Physiotherapist will carry out a video analysis of your running technique using world leading movement tracking software (Dartfish).
What we look for:
- Stride length
- Posture and positioning
- Contact type and time
- Loading patterns
We will provide you with:
- Individualised instructions on technique alteration
- A comprehensive strengthening plan, targeting the areas identified in the running assessment (Please see our running packages)
- Detailed plan of what you will need to do to overcome your running issue.
- Running Performance Lab Report
After your final consultation you will receive a comprehensive report detailing the following:
- Top Down assessment of running kinematics
- Specific factors influencing your run
- Main findings related to your pain and pathology
- Goals for gait re-education
- Cues/solutions given
- Future areas to work on
- Overall impression
Running Performance Lab objective:
- Improve running efficiency and kinematics
- Identify current issues and how they impact on your run
- Identify potential future injuries and reduce their impact on your goals
- Increase speed and running performance
Common Running Injuries We See In The Clinic:
- Achilles tendon pain
- Hamstring strain / hamstring tendinopath
- ITB syndrome
- Calf pain – recurring calf tear
- Knee ligaments injuries
- Lower back pain – bulging disc
- Hip Pain
- Osgood Schlatters
- Knee pain – bursitis, meniscus
- Ankle pain – anterior impingement
- Patellar tendinopathy
- Shin splints
- Patellofemoral pain
- Gluteal tendinopathy
- Plantar fasciitis
If you feel that a Running Package at Somerton Physiotherapy would be of benefit to you, please click here to book in to see one of our experienced Chartered physiotherapists. Select our Castleknock clinic location when booking. Or you can call us on 019069566